Monday, June 4, 2012

History of Communication class

The second day of class was very informational and a great way to start learning about new media.  Learning about the history of language, both written and spoken, was an insightful way to see how language has evolved throughout thousand and thousands of years.  It is extremely interesting to think that cave paintings were used to communicate about 30,000-20,000 years ago.  Although I like to think of myself as creative, my drawing skills are not like Picasso and communicating through pictures would be a huge challenge for me.  I also commend people like Gutenberg for being innovative enough to invent a movable printing press that changed the world completely.  The key developments in the history of communication that we learned in class made me more aware that many more key developments will occur in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment